Saturday 19 Aug 2017
Arts & Culture

Museum

ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE
Coord. WGS84
N 43 ° 10 '44.46 "
E 12 ° 59 '05.28 "
Quote: 441 mt

DESCRIPTION

Within the Franciscan complex we have been used a few rooms on the ground floor and first floor, to recreate the typical environment of a Gualchiera Prolaquense or a workshop where, since the Middle Ages, they produced the paper. The ancient tradition of the paper industry is well told in the Gualchiera, where you can watch the various different stages of processing of paper, which is manufactured by hand, using techniques and ancient machinery of the time, played specially for the exhibition. Connected to these rooms is the Museum of Paper and Watermark, established in 1984 and located on the first floor of the cloister. Inside they are exposure, as well as an impressive collection of artistic watermarks, documents and equipment that tell the origins and evolution of the techniques of paper production of Pioraco. Rounding out the trio joins the Museums, recently built, which includes the Fossil Museum and exhibition of mushrooms. The museum contains more than 1.200 artifacts including pieces of great rarity. It is a collection of plant fossils of different ages, Paleozoic to Triassic age, and fossil animals from the first forms of life to mammals. Of particular attention ammonites "red", present only in the area of ​​Pioraco. Also arouse curiosity reproductions in plaster and size of some 200 varieties of fungi exist, carefully crafted by Offerl Spitoni. In fact it is thanks to the collection and its donations that it was possible to this museum.

Read more: Museum

Church of St. John the Baptist (the second half of the sixteenth century.)

The church of St. John was built in 1578 by the brothers of the Society of St. John or death, when he moved to Santa Maria del Mercato where they were from 1557, when the Brotherhood was formed on the initiative of the prior Father Vincenzo from San Miniato . During the Napoleonic period, the church was used as a stable and barn, then in 1815 thanks to the intervention of Giovan Battista Collio returned to perform its religious function. The church was enriched in 1865 the organ donated by Severino Servanzi Collio, from the church of San Francesco, to be placed in the decades between the seventeenth and eighteenth century. is the wooden choir provided two elegant twisted columns in dark stone that make it stand out gilding. In the panels of the balcony are carved in relief scenes of the baptism of Jesus and various saints, including St. Dominic and St. Nicholas of Tolentino. In 1725 Mr. Philip Margarucci change the interior entrusting projects architect. Mastripaoli of Sanseverino and paintings painter Belli from Fano. The church has a single rectangular hall with a longitudinal axis oriented along the east-west direction, has within five altars. On the main altar the canvas depicting the Nativity was painted in 1614 by Giovanni Urbani from Urbino who reported also the face of the customer Don Carlo Margarucci. In the altar on the right as you enter you see the copy of Vasari depicting the Beheading of St. John, originally placed on the high altar; in the second altar on the right is a statue of the Virgin of Sorrows, the Good Friday procession follows the sepulchral urn of Rockrose dead Venantius Bigioli. In the first chapel to the left of the picture is observed of the guardian of Julius Lazzarelli; in the second and S.Liborio S.Leonardo of Porto Maurizio, mediocre copy Illuminated Fiorani nineteenth century.

Read more: Church of St. John the Baptist (the second half of the sixteenth century.)

  • If among the finds of the pre-Roman there are many fragments of earthenware, Archaeological Park in the Septempeda the area occupied by the city and still bounded by the walls of which has also a door to the north of the State Road, the same locality, a thermal baths and archaeological finds confirm the presence of a place of worship and a workshop for the production of black-painted ceramics. Among the building thermal and today's Hospital also a workshop area which was brought to light a complex of kilns used for firing ceramics. Braccano (fraction of Matelica) since the Neolithic has developed the production of pottery hand shaped, while, during excavations in the historic city center, were found domestic pottery for table and kitchen linen and colored tiles with representations of female busts, landscapes , crests, geometric and floral decorations dating back to the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

  • Archaeology

    The area is literally littered with archaeological finds dating from the Neolithic period to the Piceno, from Roman times to the early Middle Ages. Highlights of these collections are the archaeological museums of San Severino Marche, Matelica and Treia. Among the rarities of priceless Egyptian statues connected with the cult of Isis, pips and The Globe of Matelica.

    Art Galleries (Pinacoteche)

    In addition to paintings by masters of 'global importance, in the Pinacoteca Tacchi Venturi of San Severino Marche whole chapel was rebuilt with the Stories of St. John the Evangelist by the Salimbeni brothers. The galleries of Treia and Matelica have historiographical and artistic value, the collection of Lori Palace is just little piece of the extraordinary artistic patrimony that offers every church in the territory.

    Collections

    Museum Piersanti is the result of a passion for the art of a high priest who has of Matelica concentrated into the halls of his palace a unique art heritage in quality and quantity of the works. Music Museum Ugo Bottacchiari collects memoirs, manuscripts and musical compositions of the master born in Castelraimondo, in particular: a repertoire and scores for voice, piano and orchestra, posters and pictures.

    Museum of Science

    In Gagliole the Natural History Museum and the Archaeological Museum in Matelica also offer educational experiences particularly interesting. Fossils are also exhibited in Pioraco, where the highlight is the Paper Museum where you can still watch the manufacture with medieval techniques.

    The Academy of Georgica Treia, in the Enlightenment period devoted to agricultural studies: Agrometeo reports are available and experimental results of extraction of oil from seeds.

    Local museums

    In San Severino Marche are the reconstruction of a farmhouse, botanical garden museum with real objects, instruments and tools of: peasant civilization, craftsmanship and proto-industrial period. In Gagliole, in the collection of Florindo Ferretti, there are agricultural tools, while in Treia you can visit a landed peasant house built entirely of earth and with original furnishings.

  • arte lettereMarcamontana is linked not only to Giacomo Leopardi, but two of the greatest writers of the twentieth century that have made in their hometowns extraordinary autobiographical stories. Dolores Prato with poetic prose, in "Down in the Square there is none" gives a photographic fresco of the places and the soul of Treia that identifies with the golden age its entire existence. Libero Bigiaretti, poet and novelist born in Matelica, award-winning and translated into various languages​​, sets  in the city the novel "Carlone."

  • The historic theaters of marcamontana are related to architecture, history and legend, as well as excellent billboards. There are two famous architects: Giuseppe Piermarini, which was responsible for the Teatro alla Scala in Milan, also signed the project of Matelica; Aleandri Ireneo, author of the Sferisterio, is the responsible for the Feronia theater. In Matelica restoration has brought to light a hut of the fifth century BC and spa facilities of the Imperial age. The curtain of the theater Feronia, designed by Filippo Biagioli, represents the sacred temple to the goddess which it is entitled and that he had in Septempeda a temple where the liberation of the slaves rite was celebrated. And it is just a curtain, that of the Teatro Comunale di Treia, jewel of acoustics and architecture, to tell an important moment in the history of marcamontana: the defeat of the Swabians in Porto Vallesacco.Theatre


Calcola il Percorso di Marca

Seleziona l'inizio del percorso:
Seleziona la fine del percorso:
Tipologia:
Waypoints: (Ctrl-Click for multiple selection)

Vedi anche ...

Video Gallery