Thursday 17 Aug 2017
Castelraimondo

L'infiorata

It is located almost at the end of the Valley of the Potenza river, on hills near the mountains Primo, Gemmo and Crispino. Of the original nucleus, a work of great military engineering, few traces remain today and a town rich in art and fine villas and castles: Brondoleto, Sant'Angelo, Corneto, Seano, Castel Santa Maria, Rustano, Lanciano, Collina, Torricella, Crispiero. The sacred and profane art are mixed in a "continuum"  with excellence as the Castle of Lanciano and the "Infiorata of Corpus Domini"  extraordinary events on the occasion of the homonymous religious feast: a general mobilization which runs from Saturday evening to Sunday sunrise in which the visitor can enjoy even combine them with a tour of art and typicality.
 
castelraimondo-torricella.jpgspietro rai.jpgcastelraimondo-nome.jpgchiesa crispiero.jpgs. barbara crispiero.jpgrustano esterno 2.jpgtorre biagio rai.jpginfiopano rai.jpg

Seano

The Villa of Seano, 408 meters above sea level, which was destroyed in 1272 in the struggle between Camerino and settempedani, retains the fourteenth-century church of Saint Anna, in which a wooden group of the '600 depicting St. Anne and Mary Child.

The surrounding environment, with streets full of old oak trees, is popular for hiking and walking outdoors, especially in the vicinity of Villa De Luca.

Read more: Seano

Sant'Anna in Castelraimondo

The wooden group representing Sant 'Anna in a sitting position while teaching reading to young Mary is located in an area where it's always been deep devotion to Our Lady, so as to produce, among many and valuable expressions of wooden sculpture, works "unusual "like this. The theme does not endorse or indeed the apocryphal gospels nor in canonical themes: mature rather in the fourteenth century when it is represented in the Books of Hours because it was believed that Mary had learned to read on one of these.

Read more: Sant'Anna in Castelraimondo

Nazareno Strampelli

Agricultural scientist, geneticist
Crispiero, Castelraimondo 1866 Rome 1942

Senator, was the founder of the Institute of Genetics of the National Roma. In collaboration with his wife Charlotte Parisana began evidence of hybridization grains for the production of new types by opening the field to modern agricultural genetics. In 1914 introduced wheats obtained including Carlotta Strampelli, Apulia, Gargano, Damage, Mendel. Its Ardito is the first wheat high productivity. Half of the Italian agricultural area in 1935 was cultivated with its wheat types. He contributed greatly to the battle of the grain, but was also in charge of corn, barley, oats, rye, etc.. which has produced many varieties.

Read more: Nazareno Strampelli

The flowers show

Thanks constant commitment of the Pro Loco of local associations is renewed every year through initiatives and rich scenes that accompany the more than twenty paintings flower carpet made ​​in one long course Italian. having the size of 5x9 meters. with a total area of more than 1000 square meters. Faith binds strongly to the historical memory and folklore: general mobilization and uninterrupted work from Saturday night to Sunday morning. The solemn procession of "Corpus Christi" is the highlight of the event. The flowers show also provides a good excuse to discover and admire the excellence of historical, artistic and landscape of the City of Castelraimondo and the territory of the Montana and not to lose a rich program of events that enrich the stay at any time of the year.

Read more: The flowers show

The Coronation of the Virgin

The shovel of Castel Santa Maria which has for its subject the 'Coronation of the Virgin was built by Giovanni Boccati at an important moment of his artistic career. This is the first evidence of the return of the painter in Camerino after long tours of work that led him to Perugia, Padua and Florence. To customers of the blade, the rector of the church Piermatteo and the officer of the Varano Victorinus of Angelo, the honor of being mentioned in the cartouche on the terrace steps of the throne of the Virgin.

Read more: The Coronation of the Virgin

The Keep

It is a building with a square base onto which a second tower of a smaller size on the top of which a terminal torricino was the most prominent point which ensured good visibility both to ensure that the various types of reporting day and night (it is was dismantled after the earthquake of 1799 that had severely damaged). The impressive system (over 40 meters) is made of blocks of sandstone and originally. was crowned with battlements. Another formwork dressed in the history of marcamontana an important strategic role in the struggles between Guelphs and Ghibellines to Treia, who had also established the prisons.

Read more: The Keep

Collina

The village of Hill is located, in m. 463 above sea level, close to the main road of Crispiero. Disappearance is the church of St. Helena. cited since 1103 subject to the monastery of Archangel Michael Sen Domora of San Severino. The current church building, dedicated to Santa Maria of the Assumption, is mentioned from 1603 and contains a beautiful baroque altar with a painting of the Virgin of the Assumption, Sant'Ansoino and Sen Venantius of Camerino.

Read more: Collina

The name Castelraimondo

Between 1311 and 1318 Raimondo Attone of Aspello (France), legate of Pope Clement V and Rector of Marca, grants the captain of the People and the Lord of Camerino, Berardo Gentile, the right to build the Castrum Raymundi near the plan arose from confluence of the river with the river Lapidoso power.

Read more: The name Castelraimondo

Torricella

After the locality Collina, 516 mt. , meets the district of Torricella, whose an acient origin comes from the local presence of a small tower. Is no longer detectable the church of Santo Stefano. subject from 1171 to the Church of San Zenone of Gagliole. Few remains of the church of Sant'Ansovino of 1701, probably built for pass ont memories homonym hermit and bishop of Camerino, penitent in the ninth century in this context.

Read more: Torricella

Castelraimondo - The Pro Loco

In Italy, the "Pro Loco" local associations are born with the purpose of promoting and developing the territory.

The Pro Loco of Castelraimondo is particularly active and is the coordinator of the the engine and events calendar of the city. Organizes excursions and sightseeing tours to major attractions, including the Lanciano Castle. It 's the point of reference for the Infiorata Festival (picture a detail of composition) and for all users who want to make the city the starting point for Marcamontana. The Pro Loco is located in Via E. De Amicis 2 62022 Castelraimondo, with telephone and fax 0737 642316 and the following mails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Read more: Castelraimondo - The Pro Loco

Castelraimondo - Beauty and Nature

Ancient trees in the villas of Lanciano and Rustano, biking and hiking trails immersed in the vegetation of the mountains Gemmo and Marzolare: in Castelraimondo active tourism finds fertile ground. Moreover, this is the home of the creator of the "battle of the grain," the geneticist Nazareno Strampelli. A nature so handy that even the streets are transformed into a carpet of flowers for the Feast of Corpus Domini.

Read more: Castelraimondo - Beauty and Nature

Madonna Auxilium Cristianorum

The statue of Madonna "Auxilium Cristianorum" is still venerated today in particular in the solemn annual festival with procession. Surprisingly demure femininity and elegant, detached and painful, but extraordinarily soft and protective of that Madonna and Child. It is a statue humanized: the dress moves with thin and long wave, without pause. It is grace, do not force the left, holding a baby without weight with the leg and the hand tightly against the Mother. Everything is lovely, especially the neck and the face of the Madonna. Sadness, cuddly looks, melancholic trasognamento, belong to the usual humanity . Rarely a sculpture of Marche has been so unified and pictorial, sculptural values ​​and the elusive space.

Read more: Madonna Auxilium Cristianorum

Towers in Crispiero

On a spur near the torrent of Follano in the thirteenth century were built two towers close together but of different sizes in order to control the important passage on the Potenza and defend the nearby Valley of Gabbiana called Domore. In the earliest documents are called respectively Fanula (the largest) and Guardia (the smallest). Not far from them was a church dedicated to Sant'Abbondio, named in the records of Farla, which was severely damaged during a raid that the documents describe as "pagan" (presumably Saracen).

Read more: Towers in Crispiero

Antinori's Gallery

Antinori's Gallery, Hall of Mirrors or Throne Room whether you call that was built to witness the greatness of the Bandini family and have a space for parties and receptions in Lanciano Castle (pictured).
The designer has created a unique blend made ​​of architecture, painting, stucco and optical illusion, fine sculptures from the the Roman theater of Urbisaglia and busts a copy of the seven Roman emperors, great allegories inspired by classicism and from Greek mythology.

Read more: Antinori's Gallery


Calcola il Percorso di Marca

Seleziona l'inizio del percorso:
Seleziona la fine del percorso:
Tipologia:
Waypoints: (Ctrl-Click for multiple selection)

Video Gallery

Castelraimondo

August 2017
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2