Esanatoglia, historic village of which he is an honorary citizen Renato Zero, has a special feeling with the sport and art. Theatre of international motocross races, for all fans of the free flight, reserve the Three Pizzi of Monte Gemmo, field among the safest (especially for paragliding) and better prepared for the winds that blow between May and September. Art lovers, in addition to collections and valuable works, will find a beautiful Futurist casket like House Zampini, with furnishings signed Ivo Pannaggi. Memorable excursions like the one at the source of the Esimo river through meadows equipped for parking and fitness. Of return are the medieval and Renaissance architecture to admire, the typical food, handcrafts to discover, the vibrant cultural life and a rich program of events.
The crucifix of the thirteenth century, found in the rural church of Sant'Angelo is kept in the collegiate church of St. Martin is one of the masterpieces of the cycle of wooden marcamontana. Has obvious affinities with the so-called Cross of Camerino. Same compositional structure. compact volume of the body, the head slightly bowed in harmony with the fall of the shoulders and knees. The limbs suggest a slight movement, but the face remains static. The expression of the eyes is abstract and distant, barely softened by the molded hair divided into sections that fall to his shoulders.
Vastness of space and natural architectures are a symbol of Sassoferrato, favorable location for Muse in which things and men are united by a sort of Ulysses syndrome, that is, the desire to push the envelope beyond a boundary. The path 141, passing the monastery of Fonte Bono, leading to the hermitage of San Cataldo from which the view extends to the Sibillini. Say a lot about the kind of openness to alternative sports to be practiced in the open air a motocross circuit (which proposes to beginners and enthusiasts test rides) and a platform for the gliding where it is possible to agree with the local flight school days Free trial.
Esanatoglia 1300 - 1362 Pergola
A student of Fabriano school i frescoed the Smeducc chapel in the Cathedral of St. Severino and the tomb of of the Marquises Feliciano in the Church of St. Francesco to the Scales of Ancona. He is the author of the Divine Maria of the White Source , fresco what is now St. Maria della Misericordia, the Monastery and the Church of source Bono, built the wooden statue of Saint Anatolia and the Madonna of the Gonfalone, these latter works kept at the Diocesan Museum of Camerino.
Dry aniseed biscuits traditional of Matelica. Ingredients: One kilo of flour, 800 grams of sugar, 100 grams of anise, white wine. Execution: Mix all ingredients, adding wine a little at a time, until a consistent dough, shaping a lot of balls to be cooked in the oven on a baking sheet greased or oiled.
Pork rinds with beans
The beans with pork rind are now gone flat sought and appreciated by all. Ingredients: White beans 500 grams, 200 grams of pork rind, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onion, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 50 grams of grated pecorino cheese. Execution: sauté the chopped onion in olive oil, add the tomato paste diluted in warm water. To restrict the sauce then join the pork rinds cut into strips previously made toss in the pan. Add the beans already cooked, a liter of hot water, oil, salt and pepper. Cook for another 25 minutes and season with grated pecorino cheese and serve hot.
It is a cake that belongs to the culinary tradition of the Marche and changed the name based on location where it is prepared. It is a dark cake ,aromatic flavor, stuffed with dried figs, and other simple ingredients. The origins are very old when ingredients such as sugar, were a privilege for the few, dried fruit helped to impart a particular flavor to cakes of the past. Only recently the old recipe has been enriched joining the cocoa.
Church of Saint Agostino
Built between the end of XIII and the beginning of fourteenth century, the original structure retains the apse. On the right wall of the nave a Crucifixion by Simone de Magistris from Caldarola that, from 1565 and until the first seventies, was working with his older brother Giovan Francesco. The hemicycle apse fresco is damaged, but not enough to prevent capture, modules oft he fourteenth-century and in the styles of clothes, especially of the Child, the same humus from which to develop the Salimbeni brothers.
Church of St. Martino
It is one of the most remarkable containers art of the territory. Of medieval origin, especially today bears the mark of the interventions of the sixteenth and seventeenth century, The interior is in Neoclassical style with elegant chapels, rich in art treasures such as the cycle of frescoes dedicated to Saint Lucia, some paintings of the seventeenth century and a large wooden artifact of the Holy House of Loreto. On the altar, austere, life-size, the wooden Christ Triumphant, one of the most archaic and valuable plastic creations of the Marche Romanesque period. In the opposite transept, a wooden dossal of the seventeenth century houses the wooden statues of St. Anna and San Goacchino, the Immaculate Virgin and of the Assumption of the Baptist and St. Giuseppe as well as a wooden crucifix that reached in the original colors whose author seems to be Lorenzo Taccaroni.
The esino was born in the Valley of St. Pietro, upstream of Esanatoglia, bounded by the slopes of the mountains Cafaggio (1116 m) and Cimetta to South and from those of Monti Pordinaldo and Pizzinetto of Mutula (1125 m) to the north. The lithological substrate is given by the white and gray calcareous of the Middle Cretaceous, which are often outcropping and that contribute to a very suggestive landscape as near the sources, which is composed of a typical gorge. The area is included in the list of biotopes, published in 1975 by the Naturalistic Fabrianese for the establishment of parks and reserves in the Upper Valley dell'Esino.
Saint Maria of Mercy
The veneration of the Virgin is a fixed point in the religious history of marcamontana. The Madonna of Mercy is generally depicted standing, almost always without the Child, with her arms outstretched to open the large mantle to accommodate those who call upon him, and that it protects. The theme of Madonna of Mercy derived the Madonna of the Rosary whose the first representations with a blue robe and a rosary in the hands start from the end of the fifteenth century..
Saint Maria of Fonte Bianca
The shrine called the Divine Maria of Fonte Bianca was incorporated into the Church of the Cemetery during the nineteenth century. Inside is painted almost entirely: On the wall there is a Madonna and Child on a throne, with Saints and Angels praying Victoria and Anatolia, the sides of the throne. The left and right walls Saints Cosmas and Damian, represented full-length. The frescoes have been attributed to Diotallevi Angeluccio that would run around the year 1380: a late stage of his artistic production whose valuable signs are visible throughout the region.
Esanatoglia - Ceramic
The documentary sources testify to the presence of an art of pottery since the late Middle Ages. Unknown seventeenth century small town production it is said that "practicing the art of vase for every kind of destiny they mead much number and quantity that serves the entire province of the brand." By the time probaliy the production sacrificed quality over quantity if in 1672, according to the rate of the Tax on goods in transit, the pots were taken to Esanatoglia sample for coarse pottery of Deruta while they were for the finest specimens. There are many artifacts recovered fragments edition (waiting to be short on public display in the Museum of Ceramics). So as flourishing current production that offers decorative patterns.
The castle was divided into districts, 3 of which internal and one, that of St. Andrea, outside and articulated in two villages. In this division corresponded that in parishes and that of the Councils of Judges and voters. Four main gates allowed access to the fortified town: Panicale, of the Market, Portella and Saint Andrea. The Door of Borgo, which was part of the first ring (XI-XII century), it was incorporated into the fortified nucleus to the neighborhood of St. Andrea.
The four furnished rooms (two still existing on-site, one moved to the Pinacoteca di Macerata, the fourth was destroyed) by Ivo Pannaggi for the Zampini family, are a rare example of a combination of common life and applied art. It is one of the few examples of futuristic furniture for the interior of a dwelling house, in which everything was built with lines and forms adapting to new pre-existent environments and for an exclusive artifact testimony of the group of futurists maceratesi between the mid-twenties to late thirties of the twentieth century.