Friday 18 Aug 2017
Fiuminata

fiuminataIt owes its name to the nearby headwaters of the river, "Potenza." Probable site of prehistoric settlements as evidenced by archeological finds from the Bronze Age, with its twenty-four localities the city is completely immersed in a green and pristine environment. The Stoni's lakes, the floristic area of Monte Pennino, the mountain meadows and the many beech trees are an ideal humus for hiking and sports. Interest for the environment goes to the remarkable historical and artistic heritage full of testimonials all over the territory, fortresses, castles, churches and hermitages rise to the role of outdoor museum collections, mixed with the opportunity of a tour to discover typical and outstanding productions including "crescia fogliata".

 

Monumental specimen of beech tree (Fagus sylvatica) along the valley of “Laverinello”

Coordinates  (wgs84): 328341 m E – 4776580 m N.

 

Motivation: Monumental specimen.

 

Description: A centuries-old beech (Fagus sylvatica) placed near a drinking through. In the past it was common to let some trees grow near the places where the livestock took a break, in order to offer shelter tp the animals during the hottest hours of the day. This big monumental specimen is an element of great importance and characterizes the agro-silvo-pastoral landscape of the council territory.

Read more: Monumental specimen of beech tree (Fagus sylvatica) along the valley of “Laverinello”

Beech forest (Fagus sylvatica) of Mount Pennino with presence of holly (Ilex aquifolium).

Coordinates  (wgs84): 333 T 329114 m E – 4773612 m N.

 

Motivation: Species of high biological interest.

 

Description: The beech wood (Fagus sylvatica) or "faggeta", typical of the mountain plane of the Apennines, is widespread in the Central Apennines at elevations between 900/1000 and 1700/1800 meters.

In the underwood of this site there is presence of holly, an evergreen tree that grows on shady areas, not affected by sudden changes in temperature, with moist soil, rich in organic matter and minerals. Holly is indicated as a characteristic species of the habitat of priority Community interest "9210-Apeninne beech forests with Taxus and Ilex" (Council Directive 92/43/CEE).

Read more: Beech forest (Fagus sylvatica) of Mount Pennino with presence of holly (Ilex aquifolium).

Beech forest (Fagus sylvatica) of Mount Pennino with presence of large-leaved lime (Tilia platyphyllos).

Coordinates  (wgs84): 33 T 329004 m E – 4773954 m N.

 

Motivation: Species of high biological interest.

 

Description: The beech wood (Fagus sylvatica) or "faggeta", typical of the mountain plane of the Apennines, is widespread in the Central Apennines at elevations between 900/1000 and 1700/1800 meters. The beech wood has been recognized as an habitat of priority Community interest "9210 – Beech forests of the Apennines with Taxus and Ilex (Council Directive 92/43/EEC).

 

Read more: Beech forest (Fagus sylvatica) of Mount Pennino with presence of large-leaved lime (Tilia...

Dry grasslands consisting of sesleria of the Apennines (Sesleria juncifolia), on the ridge of Mount Pennino.

Coordinates  (wgs84): 33 T 329114 m E – 4773612 m N.

 

Motivation: Species of phytogeographic and/or environmental interest.

 

Description: Holly (Ilex aquifolium) is an evergreen tree or shrub species, with a range that covers west-central and south-eastern Europe, the Western coast of Scandinavia, the British Islands and North-Western Africa. In Italy it is present in all regions, with particular frequency in the South Central Italy.

Read more: Dry grasslands consisting of sesleria of the Apennines (Sesleria juncifolia), on the ridge of...

Erect rye semimesophilous pasture (Bromus erectus) with orchid blooming, located on the top of Mount Pennino

Coordinates  (wgs84): 33 T 328620 m E – 4773468 m N.

 

Motivation: Vegetation of high biological value.

 

Description: The beech wood (Fagus sylvatica) or "faggeta" typical of the mountain plane of the Apennines is widespread in the Central Apennines at elevations between 900/1000 and 1700/1800 meters. The beech wood has been recognized as an habitat of priority Community interest "9210 – Beech forests of the Apennines with Taxus and Ilex (Council Directive 92/43/EEC).

On Mount Pennino the beech wood is enriched by the presence of large-leaved lime (Tilia platyphyllos), a deciduous tree, rather rare in Marche Region, where it grows on the high hill and low mountain planes, inside ravines or tight valleys, in isolated specimen or in cluster of trees. It sprouts on humid, deep and fertile soils.

Read more: Erect rye semimesophilous pasture (Bromus erectus) with orchid blooming, located on the top of...

Erect rye semimesophilous pasture (Bromus erectus) with orchid blooming, on the west side of Mount Vermenone.

Coordinates  (wgs84):33 T 330516 m E – 4779257 m N.

 

Motivation: Vegetation of high biological value.

 

Description: Secondary semimesophilous pasture, rich in species, dominated by upright brome (Bromus erectus), especially distinguished by the vernal flowers of numerous orchids species (belonging mostly to the genus Orchis and Ophrys) .

Read more: Erect rye semimesophilous pasture (Bromus erectus) with orchid blooming, on the west side of...

Box-tree location (Buxus sempervirens) around “Bivio Ercole” (Ercole Junction).

Coordinates (WGS84): 33 T 327407 m E – 4783272 m N.

Motivation: Species of phytogeographic and/or environmental interest.

Description: The box tree (Buxus sempervirens) is an evergreen shrub-like species, considered as a relic of the Tertiary period when it was largely widespread on the mountain zone of the Mediterranean mountain range, whereas during glaciations in the Quaternary period it has become much less frequent until surviving only in limited refuge areas. It is widespread in a very broad

Read more: Box-tree location (Buxus sempervirens) around “Bivio Ercole” (Ercole Junction).

The wooden tabernacle, Cutural Heritage Repository of Fiuminata, from the San Cassiano Church, San Cassiano.

The tabernacle, currently displayed in the Cutural Heritage Repository of Fiuminata, came from the San Cassiano Church, documented as from the 15th century. There is no historical information about the manufacture.
The piece of work is in gilded wood, and from the restoration it was known to be composed by fir and poplar, gilding on bole.
From a structural point of view the tabernacle has the form of a small temple: with a squared basement, on the four sides there are fluted pilasters in Doric style, carrying the weight of a slightly protruding cornice and frame the niches surmounted by a round arc.

Read more: The wooden tabernacle, Cutural Heritage Repository of Fiuminata, from the San Cassiano Church,...

'Diotallevi di Angeluccio' Cultural heritage repository, Palazzo Lori (Lori Palace), Fiuminata.

Rigged in 2003, the cultural heritage repository is dedicated to Diotallevi di Angeluccio from Esanatoglia, a local painter active in the second half of the fourteenth century, he painted the frescoes which decorate the apse of the Madonna di Valcora sanctuary, whereof the museum conserves a printed replica.
The set-up takes place in a large hall on the ground floor of Palazzo Lori, aristocratic residence of the 16th century, and it preserves numerous art works from the municipal territory: mainly paintings on canvas with holy subjects linked to the religiousness of the places and the popular devoutness of the community, made from the 16th until the 18th century.
Two works of art, one from the parochial church of Poggio Sorifa, of the second half of the 16th century, the other one from the church of San Cassiano, of the year 1765, prove in a particular manner the strong devotion to the ''Madonna del Rosario''. The iconographical topic has its origins in a tradition, which narrates an apparition of the Virgin giving the beads to Saint Dominic; three centuries after the Holy League, requesting her protection, succeeded in defeating the Turks in the famous battle of Lepanto in 1571. After this date the cult became widespread all over

Read more: 'Diotallevi di Angeluccio' Cultural heritage repository, Palazzo Lori (Lori Palace), Fiuminata.

Baptismal font covering, John the Baptist church, Castello.

The artifact is conserved in the John the Baptist Church in Castello, inside a niche on the left of the main entrance and closed in by a wrought iron railing.
The first information that refers to the presence of a baptismal font remounts to the pastoral visit in 1582, while a citation from 1745 mentions that ''All the community of Fiuminata should be baptized" and that for each christening they had to bring ''a candle, a loaf of bread, and two eggs''. Contrarily there is lack of indications concerning the artifact, but we know with precision the date of execution, as in one of the two opening doors the year 1689 is engraved. In dark wood, it assumes the form of a small temple: it is composed by a principal orthogonal basis,

Read more: Baptismal font covering, John the Baptist church, Castello.

Diotallevi di Angeluccio from Esanatoglia, Crucifixion, Madonna di Loreto and Antony the Great, 'Madonna di Valcora' church, Valcora.

In the apse of the 'Madonna di Valcora' church, the frescos attributed to Diotallevi di Angeluccio from Esanatoglia or Master from Esanotoglia are kept, they formed part of a more extensive pictorial cicle partially lost.

This local painter was active in the second half of the 14th century, he was educated in the environment of the 'Allegretto Nuzi' and 'Francescuccio Ghissi' in Fabriano school. Then he got in touch with the emilian figurative tedency of Andrea da Bologna, popular in the Marche region, from which he drew greater naturalistic broadmindedness and awareness, dominant characteristic of the Valcora frescoes.

Read more: Diotallevi di Angeluccio from Esanatoglia, Crucifixion, Madonna di Loreto and Antony the Great,...

Camillo Bagazzotti, Madonna and Child, Saint Lucy and Antony the Great, Santa Maria church, Laverino.

The church of Santa Maria holds, besides the precious frecos of the nave, a canvas painting placed on the wall, on the right of the altar. Where the Virgin with the child in the throne is represented, crowned by two angels, between Antony the Great and Saint Lucy.

In the past the work was attributed to Simone De Magistris, afterwards Bittarelli ascribed it to the painter Camillo Bagazzotti from Camerino, who was active in the second half of the 16th century: his language, deriving from Lotto, is very near the new expressive forms of Simone De Magistris, the most original author of his time.

Read more: Camillo Bagazzotti, Madonna and Child, Saint Lucy and Antony the Great, Santa Maria church,...

San Cassiano Church in San Cassiano

The first information regarding this church dates back to 1407 A.D. At the time the church was requested in a last will and testament for a burial and for this purpose five coins were donated. The church has a single nave with a small semicircular apse, the current building has been extensively renovated and refurbished. It preserved a precious wooden tabernacle and two canvas paintings of the sixteenth century, representing the Virgin between St. Cassian and St. Hippolytus, and a Madonna of the Rosary of the 1765. They are currently shown at the Depository of Cultural Heritage of Fiuminata. The tabernacle, about which we don't have any historical information, in gilded wood, has the shape of a small temple: the front, with the opening, is beautifully decorated with engravings and punching with plant motifs, developing around a chalice.

Read more: San Cassiano Church in San Cassiano

Saint Peter’s Church in Pontile

The church is chronicled since the fifteenth century, but the present building is recent: a plaque reminds us that the church was pre-existent to 1653 and was raised and extended in 1950. A church having the same name is documented on St. Peter's hill , where once stood the village of Soppenicchio
Inside the church, there is a valuable altar frontal, which, according to oral sources, comes from the sanctuary of Our Lady of Valcora (Santuario della Madonna di Valcora) .
The artifact , which decorates the front of the main altar is made of gilded and carved wood, on a surface, yellow and green faux marble painted: a frame adorned with phytomorphic elements in the upper corners, frames a rich volute decoration, with large leaves and stylized flowers, growing around a central niche, surmounted by two keys. Inside the niche there is the statue of St.

Read more: Saint Peter’s Church in Pontile


Calcola il Percorso di Marca

Seleziona l'inizio del percorso:
Seleziona la fine del percorso:
Tipologia:
Waypoints: (Ctrl-Click for multiple selection)

Video Gallery

Fiuminata

August 2017
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2