Sunday 20 Aug 2017
S. Severino

san severinoImmersed in a lush and benign nature, the ancient nucleus of the Castle, the splendid Piazza del Popolo with the Town Hall and Theatre Feronia, the Archaeological Museum, the Pinacoteca, churches, sanctuaries, monasteries, a historical center where palaces extraordinary one another in a long architectural theory are just some of the wonders that reserve San Severino. Here all the time seems to have been special. Septempeda was one of the most important stations of the Piceno territory. From there they passed the pilgrims who came to pay homage to the tomb of St. Peter, St. Francis, hermits, merchants, men-at-arms. Here lived extraordinary artists like Salimbeni. Made a tour of castles, frescoes, paintings, squares, and a vibrant culture that has few equals.

 


 

 

The bridge of San Paolo (XIII century.)

The bridge has a single round arch, restored in 1847 at the time of the inauguration of the nearby church of San Paolo designed by Ireneo Aleandri, it retains the characteristic parapets crowned stabbed brick, bounded by four terminal blocks squared limestone; on the walls he has been recently posted the two plaques, the first witness to the eighteenth-century restoration that took place in 1722, the second of 1986, Archeoclub local, deserving to have found. The location of the bridge in front of the Porta Romana, formerly of San Lorenzo, allows the dating that goes back at least to the thirteenth century. When there was already the door and then the straight axis of the route that crossed it. The existence on site of the ancient abbey of San Lorenzo, X-XI sec., Could retrodatarne origin. The bridge crosses the obstacle of the fact that the ditch of the same name already in the twelfth century. He moves the windmill blades of San Paolo, the vegetable oil mill owned by the Benedictine abbey, located near the end of the long Vallato that from the bridge of St. Anthony came to the village below Conce, called at that time also of San Paolo .

Arch. Debora Bravi

Read more: The bridge of San Paolo (XIII century.)

Railway Station (XIX sec.)

Among the major events that structured and realized during the nineteenth century. the expansion device of the closed city medieval, the accommodations for the insertion of permanent way contributed significantly to the evolution of the modern city and the transformation of the scenery outside the city walls; the station of San Severino was inaugurated with the opening of the new railway line Castelraimondo-San Severino in 1886, while two years later in December 1888 was opened another next stretch of 10 km to Tolentino. Along the new axis expansion Avenue Station, they built the first leisure areas: the garden inaugurated by Mayor Joseph Coletti in 1873 and the same square of the station completed in 1886, both overlooking the west front of the straight road that linked Medieval Market Gate, the new threshold of the modern city. The train carriages placed since the Middle Ages in the off San Domenico you replaced the train station: the long building for travelers constituted the background of the square in front, an area where you could spend a few happy plaything awaiting the arrival of the train .

Read more: Railway Station (XIX sec.)

The Seminary (XX century)

The building was built in 1935 at the behest of Bishop. Ferdinand Longinotti in land adjacent to the oratory of San Paulo male, for hosting the seminar, the school cultural and spiritual formation for the clergy. The first seminar in San Severino Marche was founded in 1566 at the convent of SS.Salvatore to Colpersito, Capuchin today, just three years after the Council of Trent, which had ordered the construction in all dioceses. A few years after the seminar, however, it was closed and reopened in 1658 in the convent of the Philippines, which lasted until the end of the century, to reopen in 1714 at the building dell'Episcopio the Cathedral, where he was again suspended in the last decade of the century. Among various events the seminar continued its function throughout the nineteenth century, changing the venue to the close of 1917. The institute was started building in 1935 and opened two years after hosting first 50-60 pupils; initially they occupied the Stimatini education, then the Orionini from '44 until '49, when the task of teaching was returned to the diocesan priests.

Read more: The Seminary (XX century)

Ex Augustinian monastery, then institute "Ercole Rosa" (XI)

The city administration undertook, in the years following the suppression of religious orders, to capture the state the majority of the monasteries that, expanded and settled, became the headquarters of public institutions. The former Augustinian monastery, already abandoned by the religious in 1821, owned by the "Chapter Antiquiore", was bought by the city until 1919, when he decided to transfer the flourishing school of art applied to industry Ercole Rosa, institution of great utility for the training of teachers of art, existing in the city since 1911 at the premises of the former bishop's palace; purpose was drawn up by the technical municipal project of reuse, restoration and extension of the body convent.

Read more: Ex Augustinian monastery, then institute "Ercole Rosa" (XI)

Convent of San Francesco di Paola, then old Civic Hospital, Nursing Home today Lazzarelli (second half of XVIII century.).

The city administration for the effects of the law on religious suppression of the August 21, 1862, which took off at checkout ecclesiastical material possession of the goods passing to the state property of the state, began a series of negotiations with the government in order to acquire the majority of monasteries the city, expanded and settled, became the headquarters of public functions or institutions for public charities, such as hospitals and schools. In a contract of 4 May 1863 the town already takes possession of the monastery of Pauline, made up of the convent, church and garden, and transfers the Civic Hospital, formerly located just outside the door of the Market in the historic hospital complex of Mercy, then the Congregation of Charity, built in 1577 and for reasons of dilapidated abandoned in the nineteenth century .. In San Severino we have the first news of the presence of the order of Paolini in 1644, when the Fathers Minimi was granted by will of Sulpicia Massarelli a space adjacent to the church of San Severino to the bridge, enough to build their oratory, but you know from the documents that the Fathers had to prefer to locate its headquarters next to the Rectory of the Castle, overlooking the audience communis, where they remained until 1764 only then they decided to move it at the head of the bridge of San Severino, in the place where they built on the memories of the old hospital of Crociferi dating back to the thirteenth century.

Read more: Convent of San Francesco di Paola, then old Civic Hospital, Nursing Home today Lazzarelli (second...

Monument to the fallen for their country, already a monument Ines Donati (third decade of the twentieth century.)

The monument originally dedicated to Ines Donati, is today in the urban scenario the testimony of fascist monument in commemoration and glorification of the hero, erected in 1934 according to the prospects of the imperialist regime; place before the House of Youth of the Italian Littorio, the athletic specimen of fascist hero He had the honor of the pedestal, he went to make up the work for the people, a presence evocative of patriotic values, from which young people should take example . At the same time the work was erected at that site as a solution to urban furniture to be placed in the background of the scenic road of the station. The assignment for the design of the architectural and sculptural, assigned respectively to the two artists, Rutilio Ceccolini and Luigi Gabrielli, were finished in 1937, when it was celebrated the grand opening. At the end of 1936 the monument is ready to be inaugurated: the architectural part is covered in travertine stone dark ONICIATO of Ascoli; the fasces and the pillars of the balustrade are in black marble of Carso; the plinths that form the shelf of the statue, the stairs and the fence are travertine stone of Montecatini dark brown. Gabrielli, creating the large bronze statue, portrayed the "captain" and incites, with military clothing, his comrades in the struggle, while a large bronze bas-relief depicting his team action of "Always ready" (from A .PELLEGRINO, A monument to the Capitana).

Read more: Monument to the fallen for their country, already a monument Ines Donati (third decade of the...

Theatre-Cinema Italy, already home of the GIL (third decade of the XX century.)

The building, now called "Italian theater", was built at the end of the third decade of the twentieth century., In the area intended fairs then called "Campo Boario", to accommodate the sports complex of the GIL, Italian youth of Littorio, constituted from the house of the GIL in front of the driveway of the station, today Matteotti, a field equipped for all sports and a second building used as a gym, located at the opposite end of the vast field, also still exists. Today the house of GIL is a valuable architectural evidence within the province of the buildings of the regime, characterized by lexical character of Italian rationalist language, symmetry and Roman use of porches, adapted to a major theme of the fascist era, all ' exaltation of athletic vocation of "race", by promoting physical education of young people, to the cult of competitive, with the aim of obtaining the physical improvement of young people for sporting purposes and premilitari.

Read more: Theatre-Cinema Italy, already home of the GIL (third decade of the XX century.)

Cemetery of Stigliano

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue.

Read more: Cemetery of Stigliano

Cemetery of Serripola

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue. Cemetery Serripola was built in 1894 in a land called "field of the tower."

Read more: Cemetery of Serripola

Cemetery of Sant´Elenea, Patrignolo and San Mauro

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue. The cemetery of St. Helena, and Patrignolo S.Mauro was built in 1896, in a land owned by the parish of St. Helena in the district called St. John. The project filed Archives Municipal Technical Office provides a range of square shape of 18 m long sides. and the wall of the enclosure in high stones 2.5 m thick 40 cm. Around the cemetery had to be left, for ornament, an area-wide peripheral 2 meters, required the planting of evergreen trees (cypress). The entrance had to be identified through wooden gate painted, while the other side had to realize the niche for affixing the cross. Subsequently in 1908, the complex will be expanded and the cemetery, which was then built with sides of 21x21 m., Will be stretched to 8 m upstream, according to the axis input-niche.

Read more: Cemetery of Sant´Elenea, Patrignolo and San Mauro

Cemetery of Pitino

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style.

Read more: Cemetery of Pitino

Cemetery of Isola

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue.

Read more: Cemetery of Isola

Cemetery of Gaglianvecchio

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue.

Read more: Cemetery of Gaglianvecchio

Cemetery of Elcito

The first post-unification legislation on health and sanitation (laws of 1865 and 1888) gave much attention to protect public health through the regulation of the burial of bodies; in order to mitigate the terrible consequences of cholera, the law of March 20, 1865 attributed to municipal authorities the sole responsibility of interment in cemeteries, "civil and religious institutions" to be realized at the expense of the town itself, in respect of Specific regulations on the police mortuary. The municipality of San Severino Marche characterized by vast proceeded to the construction of thirteen fences for burial spread across the various segments; technical instructions contained in the ministerial regulations caused its architectural style. In a period between 1877 and the last decade of the nineteenth century, through the expropriation of land and preparation of projects, they were built in isolated places and dry, the walls, two to three meters high, to contain the rectangular area of ​​the cemetery divided symmetrically from the axis of a path, which from the entrance gate proceeded straight to the door of the church, the latter in some cases existing in other consists of simple sacred shrine built inside the wall of the bottom , acting as a morgue.

Read more: Cemetery of Elcito


Calcola il Percorso di Marca

Seleziona l'inizio del percorso:
Seleziona la fine del percorso:
Tipologia:
Waypoints: (Ctrl-Click for multiple selection)

Video Gallery

S.Severino

August 2017
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2